Fastwel CPC503 6U cPCI CPU Module
- Intel Core i7 2nd generation 2 cores (2.2 GHz and 1.5 GHz) / 4 cores (2.1 GHz)
- DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz with ECC, up to 8, GB, dual channel, soldered
- XMC/PMC expansion modules support (x8 PCI_E GEN2 + 64_bit / 133 MHz PCI_X)
- 4×Gigabit Ethernet controllers (two ports switchable between P16 XMC connector and backplane, two ports available at the front panel)
- 10×USB 2.0 ports with HS, FS and LS support (four on front panel, four via RIO, and two on P16 XMC)
- 4×SATA II ports (one for 1.8″ HDD, one at P16 XMC, two via RIO)
- 2×Displayport interfaces (one on front panel, one via RIO)
- 1×DVI_I on front panel
- 1×DVI_D via RIO
- HD Audio via RIO and P16 XMC
- LPC via RIO, P16 socket
- Single shock/vibration resistance: 30g/2g (IEC 68-2-27-87; IEC 68-2-6-82)
- –40…+85°C/ 0…+70°C ( IEC 68-2-1-74, IEC 68-2-2-74, IEC 68-2-14-84)
- Linux 2.6, QNX 6.5.0, Windows 7
- MTBF 100 000
The Fastwel CPC503 6U CompactPCI CPU module is an embedded computer on x86 platform
for use in server or client systems for a wide range of applications. CPC503 is based
on 2-nd generation Intel Core i7 (2/4 cores) processors operating at frequencies
from 1.5 to 2.2 GHz and on QM67 Peripheral Controller Hub.
Up to 8 GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory with ECC operating at 1333 MHz is soldered
onboard the CPC503.
CPC503 graphics capabilities include VGA, Displayport, DVI, and LVDS interfaces.
Four Gigabit Ethernet ports are used for networking.
Interface set of CPC503 also includes 12 USB 2.0 ports, four SATA channels, audio
interface and standard J1-J5 CompactPCI connectors at the rear edge of the board.
Fastwel CPC503 supports one XMC/PMC expansion module mounted onboard and
specially designed Fastwel RIO587 rear I/O module. CPC503 provides one 64-bit 66
MHz CompactPCI interface with hot swap capability. The module interfaces with
CompactPCI bus via the built-in PCI-E <-> PCI bridge, this allows using CPC503
either as master system controller or as a slave device in one PCI bus segment.
One of the features of CPC503 is support for PICMG CompactPCI Packet Switching
Backplane Specification version 2.16. Being installed on a backplane supporting the
packet switching mode, CPC503 can communicate with peripheral devices or with
the system master board supporting this mode via two Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The components of CPC503 are carefully selected according to the criteria of applicability
in embedded systems and long-term availability on the market. This makes
this module an ideal device, based on which the systems with long life cycle can be
CPC503 is compatible with Windows 7, QNX 6.5.0, VxWorks 6.8 (on request), and
Linux® 2.6 operating systems.